Kati Vasthi (For Back Pain)
(₹850.00 Per Session)
It is a very effective treatment for lower backache. Kati Vasthi involves retention of warm oil over the lower back or other parts of the spine for certain period in the oil well. The well is made of Urdh dal or other paste which can hold oil for certain amount of time.
Kati Vasthi treats the pains in the area of lower back:
- lumber Spondylitis
- Back stiffness
- Sciatic nerve compression
- Spinal disorder
- Lumbago (low back ache)
This oil penetrates deeper into the tissues, softening the stiff and tight muscles. Once the oil is removed the therapist will massage specific marma points around the affected area to repair ligaments and tendons.
Sometimes, localized steam is also given on the affected area to cure the pain.
Procedure of Kati Vasthi:
- The patient is asked to lie face down on the bed.
- Medicated oil is rubbed locally around the lumbo-sacral region.
- Then, an oil reservoir is made of black gram dough.
- To ensure leak-proofness the dough is pasted with water on the body.
- Slowly Lukewarm medicinal oil around 200-300ml is slowly poured into it.
- When this cools down it is squeezed out and replaced with more warm one.
- It is retained there for a particular period of time.
- This is repeated couple of times during the whole procedure.
- At the end of the procedure the dough is removed.
- A gentle massage is given over the area. The person is made to take rest for a while.
You might also like