Head Massage - Shirobhyangam
The head is the most significant part of the body. It encompasses Seven vital openings - the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and one principal opening, the crown of the head called AdhiPati Marma in Ayurveda. There are also vital energy points over the entire head that connect to the brain and the mind (including the subconscious).
In today's modern world, where we all are stressed due to Job/Home/Study Pressures. It is quite important to relax the mind and be calm. Head Massage or Shirodhara is the best therapy to do so.
Typical duration: 30 minutes
- Warm the oil to a comfortable temperature. Patient is allowed to sit in an upright position, a small amount of oil is slowly run in the hair.
- Pour about a tablespoon’s worth of oil onto the crown of the head (AdhiPati Maran) and massage the oil onto either side of the head.
- With firm pressure, entire head is massaged in small, circular motions with the tips of the fingers.
- The head massage is done for 15 minutes.
Benefits of Head Scalp Massage:
- Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness
- Improves Sleep
- Renews energy levels
- Promotes Hair growth.
- Nourishes and supports healthy hair
- Provides lustrous shine to hair
- Cover head to protect it from air and cold drafts. Try to keep the oil in the hair overnight, put a towel on your pillow to protect your linens
You might also like