This treatment is identified related to neck related problems . Long time sitting before PC and wrong postures while sitting in office , hours standing jobs like lecturers or speakers etc show the causes for this condition. The problems related to Cervical Spondylosis are conditioned through this therapy. This procedure is quite effective in giving the instant reliefs and when adapted for few sessions it helps in alleviating the pain.
In this process an “oil-well” is made on the paining area typically neck and person is asked to lie down on the table or bed keeping his face down.
Hot oil is poured into this oil well. This hot oil is retained in the well for specific time depending upon the condition of patient. This process is repeated multiple times.
Relieves the burden of stress and congestion in nerves , bones and muscles of neck and shoulders and thus relaxing and rejuvenating them
Improves the flexibility and brings smooth movement
Improves circulation around the neck and shoulder region.
Procedure of Griva Vasthi :
- The person undergoing Greeva Basti is made to lie face down on the massage table (Droni)
- The dough is prepared out of black gram flour or whole wheat flour.
- It is then made into a small ring of four to five inches in diameter which is placed over the neck to cover all the vertebrae of the neck and 2-3 vertebrae of the thoracic region.
- It is retained there for a particular period of time.
- The medicated oil is soaked up, heated to become lukewarm and poured back again by adding fresh oil in it. This repeated during the whole procedure.
- After it is glued with some water to make it leakproof, lukewarm medicated oil or the decoction of herbs is slowly poured into it. When this cools down it is squeezed out and replaced with more warm one.
- At the end of the procedure the dough is removed; a gentle massage is given over the area. The person is made to take rest for a while.
Benefits of Griva Vasthi :
- Cervical spondylosis,
- cervical spondylitis, cervical disc lesion
- Tingling, numbness of the hands
- Compression fractures
- Chronic pain in neck region
- Frozen shoulder