This treatment is identified related to neck related problems . Long time sitting before PC and wrong postures while sitting in office , hours standing jobs like lecturers or speakers etc show the causes for this condition. The problems related to Cervical Spondylosis are conditioned through this therapy. This procedure is quite effective in giving the instant reliefs and when adapted for few sessions it helps in alleviating the pain.
In this process an “oil-well” is made on the paining area typically neck and person is asked to lie down on the table or bed keeping his face down.
Hot oil is poured into this oil well. This hot oil is retained in the well for specific time depending upon the condition of patient. This process is repeated multiple times.
Relieves the burden of stress and congestion in nerves , bones and muscles of neck and shoulders and thus relaxing and rejuvenating them
Improves the flexibility and brings smooth movement
Improves circulation around the neck and shoulder region.
Procedure of Griva Vasthi :
- The person undergoing Greeva Basti is made to lie face down on the massage table.
- The dough is prepared from black gram flour or whole wheat flour.
- We make small ring of four to five inches in diameter with dough.
- This dough ring is glued to the painful area with some water to make it leak proof.
- It is placed over the neck to cover the vertebrae of the thoracic region.
- Lukewarm medicated oil or the decoction of herbs is slowly poured into it.
- When this cools down it is squeezed out and replaced with more warm one.
- It is retained there for a particular period of time.
- This is repeated couple of times during the whole procedure.
- At the end of the procedure the dough is removed.
- A gentle massage is given over the area. The person is made to take rest for a while.
Benefits of Griva Vasthi :
- Cervical spondylosis,
- cervical spondylitis, cervical disc lesion
- Tingling, numbness of the hands
- Compression fractures
- Chronic pain in neck region
- Frozen shoulder