In this treatment, a folded dry cotton or wool with appropriate size is taken to cover the paining area. Thickness of this folded cloth is normally that of a palm. Now, at the center a hole is made on the folded cloth and slightly warm oil is poured through it periodically.
The wool soaked in warm medicated oil is applied on the area under treatment. Throughout the treatment procedure, the oil is heated periodically and kept lukewarm. The cotton wool or the cloth soaked in the oil is left to stay on the affected area for a particular period of time all the way through the treatment.
Pichu is used as an effective method to treat the ailments of head, spine and diseases of cranial nerves caused by Vata disorder.
- Reduces the burning sensation in the scalp and other scalp diseases.
- Reduces Pain of the affected Area.
- Prevents hair fall, split hair and premature graying of hair.
- Relieves headache and migraine.
- Induces sleep.
- Decreases stiffness in neck and eye strain.
- Cervical and lumbar spondylosis