Its type of headache only but characterized by recurrent attacks of Headaches. These headaches may vary from moderate to severe. Typically, the headaches affect one half of the head. These headaches are pulsating in nature, and last from 2 hour to 72 hours.
Associated symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light, sound, or smell.
Some people experience a specific warning ‘aura’ or signs such as weakness in one side of the body, flashing lights, numbness and blind spot in one eye. An aura can mimic the symptoms of stroke and can be extremely frightening, especially for people who had never experienced the aura before this at any time.
Causes of Migraine:
As per Ayurveda The migraine is caused due to imbalance in Tridoshas. Depending upon imbalanced Dosha Migraine can be of three types:
- Vata imbalanced migraine: It is caused due to Constipation, Gastric.
- Pita imbalanced migraine: It is caused due to severe Acidity or Hyper Acidity
- Kapha imbalanced migraine: It is caused due to blockage of nose or sinusitis. With a sinus headache, you’ll feel pressure around your eyes, cheeks, and forehead, and you may think you have a sinus infection.
Causes of Migraine:
- Emotional triggers: Stress, depression, anxiety, excitement, and shock
- Physical causes: Tiredness and insufficient sleep
- Excess Travels like Jet Lags
Treatment in Ayurveda:
The treatment for migraine headaches are completely dependent upon the type imbalanced Tridoshas i.e. Vata , Pitta , Kapha.
Shaman herbal medicines given according to Imbalanced Dosha.
Shodhan – Purification Panchkarma Procedures like Nasyam, Shirodhara, Shirovasthi, ShiroPichu
Nidaan Parivarjan – Dietary Recommendations
- Vata Migraine: Shirashool & Basti/Enema ,
- Pitta Shirashool & Virechan ,
- Kapha Shirashool – Vamana is recommended
To know more about clinics :
- Ayulife Ayurveda Clinic - Sohna Road
- Ayulife Ayurveda Clinic - Old Gurgaon
- Ayulife Ayurveda Center - New Gurgaon