Potli massages are the pouches made of herbs. Powdered herbs are packed in the special cloth and wrapped in form of pouch. These Potlies when heated with special medicated oils, helps in curing the chronic pains. The Potlies or Pouches are kept soaked and warmed in the oil.
How to use them ?
These herbal pouches or Potlies are heated in oil to certain temperature and applied to the paining area with certain duration depending upon the sensitivity of person.
When the heated potli is massaged on the body, it opens the pores and relaxes the muscles. The treatment helps to relieve pain and inflammation, improve blood circulation and flexibility. These Potlies stimulate blood flow, with in the affected area. It not only relives the pain but also strengthens the tissues and increases the luster of skin. Usually “Nadi Swedan” is clubbed with this therapy for better results.
Potli massages are broadly of two types :-
- Rejuvenation & Stress Relieve.
- Pain Relief and muscle tensions.
The potli massage is often recommended for curing :-
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Frozen shoulders.
- Sports Injury like Tennis Elbow
- Computer problems like Mouse Arm etc.
The content of the potli is specific to the illness and the person’s body and is hence it is better to book appointment with doctor .
Typical Herbs used in the Potli are :-
- Ashwagandha – relives stress and improve sleep quality
- Mustard and Neem – to detoxify & Skin Care
- Turmeric and ginger – to purify mind and body
- Lemon and mint – reduces headache
- Rice and rosemary – increase blood circulation and ease tensed muscles
- Cardamom and lavender – for calming the nerves and giving a refreshing effect.