Nasyam is one of the Panchkarma Treatment, which is used to insert the medication in the nostrils.
Administration of drugs by the route of nasal cavity is termed as Nasya, Nāvana, Nasya karma.
This therapy is quite useful for following ailments :
- Cold & Cough
- Immunity against Dust allergy
- Strengthens the Respiratory System
- Immunity against changing seasons.
What is Nasyam Procedure & its types ?
Nasya is one among the important modes of drug administration. The medicine in any of the form like swarasa, kwatha, ksheerapaka, churna, dhooma, aushadh siddha taila etc is administered through nasal route. The other names for Nasyam are Siro-virechana, murdha-virechana, sirovireka, nasta pracchardana, nasta karma and nasya.
According to charak there are five types of Nasya –
- Navana (नावन नस्य)
- Avapidana (अवपीडन नस्य)
- Dhmapana (ध्मापन नस्य)
- Dhooma (धूम नस्य)
- Pratimarsha (प्रशतमिानस्य
नस्तः कमाच कुवीत शिरोरोगेषुिास्त्रशवत्।
िारं शह शिरसो नासा तेन तद्व्याप्य हशन्त तान्॥
Maharisihi Charaka Says that nasya karma is done in all diseases of head and says that nasal route is main way to treat these diseases.
नासा शह शिरसो िारं तेन तद्व्याप्य हशन्त तान्॥
Acharya Vagbhatta says that nasya chikitsa is the special treatment in urdhvajatrugata vikara (diseases of head and neck).
औषधम औषधशसद्धो वा स्नेहो नशसकाभयां दीयतेइशत नस्यं ।
Maharishi Sushruta says that the aushadha or aushadha-siddha sneha if administered through the nasal route it is called nasya.
How Nasyam treats ?
- The nose is the doorway to the brain, head and neck part
- When medicine is poured into the nostrils for inhalation.
- This cleanses accumulated toxins in the head and neck region.
- It also eliminates the bodily humors accumulated in the sinus, throat, nose or head area.
Procedure of Nasyam
- In Nasyam patient is asked lie on the bed or sit in particular position.
- Medicated oil or Decoction is prepared based on the type of problem.
- This oil is kept luke warn depending upon the weather
- Especial apparatus is used to insert the luke warm oil into the nose.
- Procedure is repeated couple of times depending upon severity and the need.
To know more about Nasyam, pls book appointment With Dr. Shallu Garg
Patients Reviews on Ayulife
Reviews from patient
|Have been addressing Hypothyroidism with Dr. Garg since august 2018. My symptoms had become very pronounced and it took quite some time to stabilize. But since April till now I can feel a total change in both my energy levels and weight. It takes patience and perseverance by both Doctor and patient. I feel Dr. Garg is genuinely committed to finding a solution which has made it very worthwhile in my case. And she does it with positivity. I find her advice reliable and consistent. I couldn't keep going to the South so am very happy to have discovered Dr. Garg. She is the only ayurvedic dr I have found in the North (and I have tried over the last few years) who has given me results. I would certainly recommend her.|
Panchakarma is purification and detoxification treatment which cleanses the body. The series of five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas. Vata Pita and Kapha.
Panchkarma means “five procedures”. These five cleansing procedures remove accumulated waste materials in the body. Meant for both healthy and sick.
- Induced vomiting with medicines (Vamana)
- Cleaning the bowels with medicines (Virechana)
- Medicated oil enema (Sneha Basti)
- Nose Medication (Nasya)
- Blood Purification (Leech Therapy)