In Ayurveda Panchkarma, Basti is considered as the mother of all treatments and is one of the important procedure in removing toxins from body. Hence its used in following problems :-
Procedure of Basti
Basti cleanses accumulated toxins in the intestine.
- The term ‘Basti’ literally means bag or bladder.
- This procedure is performed in the rectum column by inserting specified decoction.
- Special decoction is prepared based on the type of problem.
- It involves instilling liquids like medicated oils, herbal decoctions and milk through the perineum
- It refers to injecting of a fluid into the rectum to cause a bowel movement.
Types of Basti
- Sneha Basti -- Enema with medicinal oils
- Kashaya Basti -- Enema with decoctions of various herbs .
In Sneha Basti Oil is inserted into the body . This therapy is used to cure for Vata Related disorders.
In Kashya Basti its made of decoctions of medicine and used for stomach related problems.
Learning Sessions or Videos on Basti
Ayulife team has created few of the video sessions which explain the benefits of Ayurveda Basti and its usage to the patients. Why any healthy or diseased patient should do the the Basti procedure.
Benefits of Basti Panchkarma Procedure
- Relieves Constipation, Bloating
- Sexual disorders,
- Kidney Stones
- Backache, Sciatica and other joint pains.
- Vata disorders such as Arthritis, Rheumatism, Gout,
- Muscle spasms and Headaches
To know more about Basti/Enema, Pls book the appointment with Dr Shallu Garg
Refer this Article :
Katy explains the benefits of Enema: 'You definitely feel more energy, it basically like gets all the c**p out of you, every pun intended.'
Both the American Idol star and her fiancé Orlando Bloom are interested in 'new age' healing methods.
'There are ancient ways to heal yourself beside just taking a pill, which is something I always love to investigate.