Vaman is one of the five procedures in Panchkarma. This procedure is based on bowel-cleaning by giving laxatives. It balances the Pitta dosha
Virechan is procedure in which stomach , intestine or bowl is cleaned by giving laxatives to the patient.
- These laxatives are usually prepared in milk, Ghee.
- Patients are advised to take then with warm water.
- It removes toxins accumulated in the liver/gallbladder
- And completely cleans the intestinal path.
- Virechan bring back the equilibrium of Pita.
- The patient must follow the diet prescription given by doctor
- And should not eat heavy or outside foods
Benefits of Virechan Karma
Virechan helps in cleaning the excess bile which gets accumulated in the gall bladder, liver and small intestine. Thus the therapy or Panchkarma helps in
- Hyper acidity
- Acid reflux
- Burning in the chest
- Biliary vomiting
- Skin inflammation
To know more about Virechan, Pls book the appointment with Dr Shallu Garg
Panchakarma is purification and detoxification treatment which cleanses the body. The series of five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the dosha. Vata Pita and Kapha.
Panchakarma means “five procedures”. These five cleansing procedures remove accumulated waste materials in the body. Meant for both healthy and sick.
- Induced vomiting with medicines (Vamana)
- Cleaning the bowels with medicines (Virechana)
- Medicated oil enema (Sneha Basti)
- Nose Medication (Nasya)
- Blood Purification (Leech Therapy)