Vaman is part of Panchkarma Procedure and is therapeutic vomiting or medicated emesis. Its quite helpful to balance the kapha dosha in patients.
- Vomiting is induced by giving oral drugs with a large quantity of liquids like milk, sugarcane juice etc
- It cleanses toxins collected in the chest and clears the respiratory system.
- Kapha toxins accumulated in the respiratory tract are removed by Vamana.
- Once the mucus is released, the patient will feel instantly relieved.
- After Vamana procedure it is recommended to have fasting.
- Its advised not to suppress any natural urges like urination, defecation, gas, sneezing, coughing.
Benefits of Vaman Procedure
This treatment is very effective for
- Lungs related problem
- Cold cough
After Vamana one feels quite lighter lungs and is able to breathe freely and congestion of chest disappears.
Benefits of Panchkarma Therapies and why its needed?
Follow this video link for more details on Panchkarma details.
Panchakarma is purification and detoxification treatment which cleanses the body. The series of five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas. Vata Pita and Kapha.
Panchakarma means “five procedures”. These five cleansing procedures remove accumulated waste materials in the body. Meant for both healthy and sick.
- Induced vomiting with medicines (Vamana)
- Cleaning the bowels with medicines (Virechana)
- Medicated oil enema (Sneha Basti)
- Nose Medication (Nasya)
- Blood Purification (Leech Therapy)