Psoriasis or Eczema is a common skin condition that speeds up the life cycle of skin cells. It causes cells to build up rapidly on the surface of the skin. These extra skin cells form scales and red patches. These red patches are itchy and painful.
Dead skin is something that everyone has to deal with in some form or another. In fact, most people shed about a million dead skin cells per day; however, if your dead skin is getting out of hand, particularly on your face or your feet (the two most commonly concerning areas), there are plenty of solutions available. By exfoliating your dead skin and taking steps to prevent dead skin in the future, you can maintain the happy, healthy “glow” of fresh, smooth skin for the long-term.
Following are the common symptoms of Psoriasis:
- Red patches on skin with thick scales
- Small spots spread on skin commonly in kids
- Dryness in skin
- Itching, burning sensation
- Thickened nails
Psoriasis is a chronic disease that often comes and goes. The main goal of treatment is to stop the skin cells from growing so quickly.
Treatment in Ayurveda for Eczema:
In Ayurveda, eczema is called vicharchika , Vicharchika, menas Rakta Pradoshaja Vikara , It happens due to imbalance in all three Dosha mainy Kapha. Broadly two types of eczema like acute or chronic.
This occurs primarily due to a poor diet, lifestyle which impairs digestion and aggravates. The imbalance in any of Tridosha results in different types of Eczema :-
- Vata dosha: This eczema is characterized by extreme dryness, scaling, itching and lots of pain and throbbing.
- Pitta dosha: Pitta shows up in the skin as blisters and breakouts due to the accumulation of internally heating toxins called ama.
- Kapha dosha: Kaphic eczema itches, oozes and causes thickening of the skin.