It is commonly known as Ayurvedic Oil Massage. Abhyangam’ is a Sanskrit word which means application of oil.
Massage is one of the basic treatment procedure in the Panchkarma and is part of Snehan in Ayurveda. Abhyanga not only prepares the body for panchakarma, but also helps to mobilize the dosha or morbidity from the periphery toward the core of the body. The doshas get then eliminated through the body orifices.
In Abhyangam, massage of the body is done with warm oil (Oil made of herbs) and its majorly of three types in Ayulife clinic as mentioned below.
- Full Body Massage with herbal oil without Steam
- Full Body Massage with herbal oil with Steam
- Full Body Massage with medicated specific oil with Steam
Procedure of Abhyangam
Our therapists use ancient techniques to perform the Abhyanga massage which has been described on our books like Rigveda. In this procedure at Ayulife we following actions broadly ,
- · Rubbing of Oil on the body in particular direction.
- · Kneading of muscles
- · long, flowing strokes in the direction of the heart
- · deep circular motions
- · vibration and tapping
- · passive joint movement techniques
Benefits of Abhyangam:-
- Increasing the blood circulation
- Releases Toxins
- Increases Immunity & Stamina
- Rejuvenates the Skin Luster
- Brings back the Muscle Flexibility
- Decreases Muscular Stiffness,
- Induce good sleep
- Ultimate Relaxation and Rejuvenates the body and mind.
- Reduces age related disorder
Due to oil on the body many times individual have tendency to take bath but as per Ayurveda its recommended to wait for some time like one hour as it will help in better absorption of oil and gives the better results.
Please Note :- Abhyangam also helps to cure many diseases but when the same procedure/therapy is performed with especial oils And these oils contain the special herbs to cure the respective disease.