In Ayurveda, Panchakarma means “Five Procedures”. These 5 Cleansing Procedures remove accumulated Toxins from the body. It is known for its beneficial effects on overall health and is meant for both healthy and sick people.
- Vamana - Induced vomiting with medicines
- Virechana - Cleaning the bowels with medicines
- Basti/Enema - Medicated oil Enema in Rectal Column
- Nasyam - Medication in Nostrils
- Raktamokshan - Blood Purification by Leech Therapy
In Ayurveda, we also say that basic steps to Detoxification starts from Panchkarma. It also underlines philosophy that "Prevention is better than Cure". Ultimately these procedures help increasing the immunity of the body and prepares us better to fight against pandemic like Covid-19 or Corona Virus etc.