Abdominal pain, or commonly known as a stomach ache, is a common symptom and it is indication for any of the following medical conditions.
- Gastro Intestinal Disorder
- Abdomen Pain
- Bloating ( Blow Gas)
- Decreased Appetite
- Food Poisoning
- Abdominal cramps
Gastritis is a common name for all kinds of inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach, which is known as the mucosa. It is characterized by severe stomach ailments like cramps in the stomach, diarrhea and constipation and even blood with the stools. In Ayurveda, gastritis is known as Urdhavaga Amalapitta.
It is a condition which is very troublesome and if left untreated, it may give rise to many complications stomach ulcers which may also be fatal.
- The most common and frequent cause of gastritis is unhealthy eating habit.
- Irregular and over eating.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol give rise to gastritis.
- Eating a lot of spicy and greasy foods and improperly cooked foods leads to gastritis.
- Also gastritis may be caused due to intake of alkali or acids.
- Toxins that are produced due to the infections and gout also give rise to gastritis.
- Drugs such as aspirin also lead to gastritis.
- Stress, worry and anxiety also lead to gastritis.
According to ayurveda, the gastric disorder is due to the vitiation of the pitta. All food items which are likely to aggravate pitta must be strictly avoided.
- Spicy, fried foods and sour foods should be avoided. Foods that increase the stomach acids should also be reduced or avoided.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be taken as these reduce the inflammation in the lining of the stomach.
- Chilled milk is good for this problem
- Bitter gourd, pumpkin, grapes, melons, pomegranate and cucumber are good food items for this condition.
- Plenty of water should be taken.
As per Ayurveda, Everything we eat has an effect on our body as our food is composition of Gunas. Gunas are qualities (like cold and hot) that describe the effect a food or herb has on your body. Cooling foods like cucumber, decrease metabolism. Heating foods like chili pepper, stimulate your body and increase metabolism.
For ‘Gastritis’, one should select foods with the following qualities (gunas). Individual results will vary, based on your body type and the root cause of your imbalance. For best results, get a one on one consultation.
At Ayulife we have offer medication also for the problem which helps in early recovery and its home preparation and comes even from Standard Companies.
Bloating is mostly a result of improper eating habits. Certain people are more subjective to it due to weak digestion but it is preventable if one follows some eating guidelines.
- Take sipping warm water with Carom seed (Ajwain) any time stimulate digestion. A teaspoon with hot water..
- After a meal, chew few seeds of fennel (Saunf) to boost digestion.
So, the goal is to balance this metabolic fire , how :-
- Eat only when hungry.
- Keep gaps of at least three hours between meals, so the previous meal is digested.
- Avoid smothering agni with cold, wet, spicy, oily, and fried food.
- Light simple foods is the best
- Alkalis help regulate this gastric fire
- Ghee stimulates agni and improves digestion.
- Have half glass of cold milk without sugar to ease the acidity.
- Take some Ghee with hot milk in the food as Ghee acts as Laxative.
- Avoid Tea and Coffee.
- Avoid Noodles made in vinegar, citrus juices, tomatoes, chilies, onions, garlic, alcohol and fried food
- Stress and some pain killers also increase the acidity.
The best way to prevent food poisoning is to handle your food safely and to avoid any food that may be unsafe. Foods that are likely to cause food poisoning include:
- Sea Food like Sushi and other fish products that are served raw
- Deli meats and hot dogs that are not heated or cooked
- Ground beef, which may contain meat from several animals
- Unpasteurized milk, cheese, and juice
- Raw, unwashed fruits and vegetables
Always wash your hands before cooking or eating food. Make sure that your food is properly sealed and stored. Thoroughly cook meat and eggs. Anything that comes in contact with raw products should be sanitized before using it to prepare other foods. Make sure to always wash fruits and vegetables before serving.
A decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat. It may also be known as a poor appetite or loss of appetite. The medical term for this is anorexia. … If you develop a loss of appetite, you may also have related symptoms, such as weight loss or malnutrition
According to the constitution of the body, diet follow-up is essential for health and longevity. Every patient should observe precautions in diet the time of usage of the medicine to avoid aggravation and to obtain speedy results
Important , Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms of many medical conditions.