Rainy season is quite cheerful and we all wait eagerly for this season to come, but usually many disease also come with it. But as per Ayurveda, we can also gain health in Rainy season and that too in best way so that we remain healthy for longer period.
We can build health by making little changes in our diet and life style.
Vata dosha aggravates during rainy season and imbalaced vata results in various dis-orders like
• Body Stiffness like Joint pain, back pain, headache etc
• Constipation, Gastric, Bloating
• Dry and Cracked skin
• Hair fall
• Menstrual irregularities
• Stress, Depression
• Disturbed sleep, Low concentration
• Low stamina & low immunity
This list of disease looks to be long but they all not happen at same time. During initial stage the Vata disorders are minor and causes un-noticeble problems but later on Vata keeps on aggregating and which results in other complex problems.
• Avoid outside food esp fried items made of “maida”
• Avoid Cold beverages, Preserved food, Excessive Tea or coffee and even strong AC and chilled water
• If you need to take outside meals then balance it in next meal by taking light meals like soup, khichdi etc
• Don’t skip meals, but take fresh and easily digestible semisolid warm mini meals.
• Include Ghee in diet and take ajwain/carom seeds, hing/asafoetida, dry ginger, cinnamon in diet.
• Avoid dry food like roti/rice with dry vegetable
• Get proper sleep at night instead of sleep during day
• Over Exercises further aggravates imbalance.
• Panchkarma procedures like Snehan/Abhyangam, swedan/steam. Basti/oil enema are the best to do in this season
• Clear up your bowels.
• Put few drops of oil in belly button and nose
• Do foot massage regularly
• Try to do full body massage with warm oil
For further information can visit Ayulife