Lassi prepared with curd in the traditional way, is full of calcium and Vitamin A, B and riboflavin . To prepare Lassi, Curd is churned to a thick creamy consistency with the addition of only a little bit of water whereas in buttermilk more water is addded. It is a natural nutritious, full of friendly bacteria that lubricates the intestine, probiotic healthy drink much better than any other beverage.
It help us in many ways:
- Reduces acidity in the stomach
- Nourish the gut with healthy bacteria
- Improve digestion, reduce gas and bloating
- Reduce cholesterol
- Improves metabolism and boost up immunity level
- Buttermilk is very good for people who cannot consume milk/ milk intolerant.
- Because it converts the lactose present in milk to lactic acid, making it easier to digest. It provides necessary calcium without the fat content.
- Salted lassi is the best in dehydration and diarrhea
Salted lassi, India’s traditional drink, is one of the best healthy drink to beat the heat and protects from sun strokes. It is very easy to prepare and mint, rose etc can be added with to make it flavoured and more delicious as well.